Early Check out Procedure
Communication to Louisburg College Residential Students 0n 04/24/2020
Regarding Early Check Out Procedure & Collection of Belongings
Ron Shidemantle, Dean of Student Life
Louisburg College Residential Students:
Greetings from Student Life! We hope that you are all well.
Governor Roy Cooper last week issued Executive Order # 135 extending North Carolina’s Stay At Home order through May 8, 2020. Beginning on Saturday, May 9, 2020, students will be able to come and collect the remainder of their belongings from the residence halls and check out of their assigned residence hall room. This will be BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Students who arrive on campus without prior approval and do not have an appointment will NOT be able to collect their belongings and check out of their assigned residence hall. The following are specific instructions for all residence hall students:
- Residential students can remove all belongings and check out of their residence hall rooms by appointment only beginning on Saturday, May 9, 2020 until Friday, May 22, 2020. Appointments are made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Residence Hall students are permitted to bring only one (1) individual with them to campus for move out purposes. Masks are required to be worn when on campus. Social distancing standards will continue to be emphasized.
- Residence Hall students will have the following mandatory time options to request for move-out purposes with social distancing standards being practiced in the halls and parking lot assigned locations, at 90 minute intervals as follows:
8:30 am – 10:00 am
10:30 am – 12:00 pm
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm
- Once a residential student receives a confirmed time via email, the student will also be assigned a designated Parking Lot for moving purposes. Residence Hall students are not to enter Davis Hall or any other location while on campus during the early check-out process.
- Residence Hall students are required to telephone the Community Hall Director On-Call at 919- 495-5127 ten minutes prior to arrival on campus. The student will be provided card access to their residence hall and room for the allotted time and are to follow social distancing standards at all times while moving.
- Attached to this email is the End of the Year Closing Check List Form. Please utilize this form for check-out purposes. In addition to the list, all residential students need to sign your Room Condition Form located in your room after you have moved out all of your personal belongings and cleaned your residence hall space. Please be advised that any damages, cleaning issues, or items left in rooms will result in fines assessed to the residents account and will appear on your student bill. Your Community Hall Director will complete the RCF (Room Condition Form) after obtaining the residence hall student signature. Each student is required to leave your mailbox key and Hurricane Access Card*with your signed RCF after the move-out is complete in your residence hall room. Hurricane Access Cards will be turned off within 60 minutes of a student signing the RCF and leaving campus. *Returning students can keep their Hurricane Access Card to utilize for the 2020-2021 Academic Year.
- Student textbooks are the responsibility of each individual student. Students will not be permitted to return textbooks prior to the end of their final examinations. Students that schedule early check-out appointments between Saturday, May 9 to Wednesday, May 13, 2020 (the last day of final examinations) will have two (2) options for returning textbooks as follows:
Students can mail back textbooks at your own expense (contact Brandy Woods at email@example.com for additional information and recommendations);
Students can return textbooks in person by the deadline of Friday, May 22, 2020 by scheduling an appointment with Brandy Woods at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are supposed to receive the second check for the book deposit, then you must follow all steps in the early check-out process outlined in this email and all future correspondence. If you do not return your textbooks, the textbooks will be charged to your account.
If you are able to schedule an early check-out on a weekend, there will be a designated location to return your textbooks (located in the front of Davis Hall). Please also note that lost or unreturned mail box keys will be charged a $25.00 fee to have the mailbox locks changed.
For any questions related to the early check-out procedures, email email@example.com or telephone the Office of Housing & Residence Life at 919-497-3247. Thanks & GO HURRICANES!"
Office of Student Life