The mission of Accessibility Services is to focus on the abilities of all individuals while providing an accessible and welcoming academic community.
Accessibility Services provides and coordinates accommodations and services that enable individuals with disabilities to have equal access to all Louisburg College programs and activities. Not only is this a responsibility in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), but it is also a part of our central purpose as a small college committed to offering an individualized approach to higher education.
Louisburg College is committed to equal opportunity of education and does not discriminate based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation or sexual preference, national origin, age or disability. Louisburg College Catalog
- To facilitate the implementation of appropriate and reasonable accommodations and support services for each eligible student, employee, and visitor.
- To create an environment - our campus, faculty, and student body - that is inviting and welcoming to students of all abilities.
- To develop individual plans and programs that make our campus, facilities, and courses of study accessible to each student with disabilities.
- To encourage students to develop greater independence and self-advocacy skills.
- To provide students with appropriate referrals and information regarding testing, counseling, financial aid, academic advisement, and to other campus related resources.
- To make assistive technology available as appropriate.
- To ensure that Louisburg College, in every way, interprets correctly and meets the criteria required by the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 ( ADA).