COVID-19 Tips for Prevention
Steps to Prevent Illness:
- Clean your hands often with soap and water, scrubbing them for at least 20 seconds, especially after being in a public place or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing, and before eating.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This protocol is essential for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
Take steps to protect others:
- Stay home if you're sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing, then throw the tissues in the trash. Immediately wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not readily available, clean your hands with a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Wear a facemask when around other people. Click on the following link to make a facemask, simple instructions to make your own.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily. Wipe tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, and sinks.