Canes for Change
Canes for Change is a residential community where a select group of students, who share a common interest for diversity and social justice, live together. Faculty and staff Educational Partners (EPs) help plan events (on and off-campus) that encompass various social justice topics. Students who participate in Canes for Change will explore their personal identity, develop a greater appreciation for the identities of others, examine current affairs, explore various social justice topics, and be able to articulate their experiences clearly.
Email email@example.com to apply today!
- Students will move back to campus early in August to attend Canes for Change orientation and assist with new student move-in
- Students must participate in at least three events per semester (six per year) including the pre- and post-discussions that accompany each event. Events will vary year to year and include on and off-campus opportunities, all expenses paid
- Students must attend an end of the fall semester celebration, typically in December
- At the end of the spring semester, students will share their experiences with the Louisburg College community (faculty, staff, and students) during a planned showcase
Students will be housed in the Joyner House (women) and Davis Hall (men)
- Explore self-identity and develop greater appreciation for the identities of others
- Great experience that future colleges and employers will value (résumé builder)
- Connect and network with faculty and staff, as well as community leaders
- Transportation to and from events (all expenses paid including any admission or meal costs)
- End of the semester celebrations, awards, and special recognition
- Free Canes for Change LLC gear