Canes for Change
Canes for Change is a residential community where a select group of students, who share a common interest for diversity and social justice, live together. Faculty and staff Educational Partners (EPs) help plan events on and off-campus, encompassing various social justice topics. Students who participate in Canes for Change will explore their identity, develop a greater appreciation for others’ identities, examine current affairs, explore various social justice topics, and articulate their experiences clearly.
Email email@example.com to apply today!
- Students move on campus early in August to attend Canes for Change orientation and assist with new student move-in
- Students must participate in at least three events per semester (six per year), including the pre-and post-discussions that accompany each event. Activities vary year to year and include on and off-campus opportunities, all expenses paid.
- Students must attend an end of the fall semester celebration, typically in December.
- At the end of the spring semester, students will share their experiences with the Louisburg College community -faculty, staff, and students during a planned showcase.
Female students live in the Joyner House and males in Davis Hall.
- Explore self-identity and develop a greater appreciation for the identities of others
- A great experience that future colleges and employers will value on résumés.
- Connect and network with faculty and staff, as well as community leaders
- Transportation to and from events with all expenses paid, including any admission or meal costs
- End of the semester celebrations, awards, and special recognition
- Free Canes for Change LLC gear