Housing & Residence Life offers two unique Living Learning Communities (LLCs) within specific residence halls where students who share interests, academic and personal goals live together. Louisburg College faculty and staff Educational Partners, or EPs, help plan and facilitate unique events and workshops that support students in their personal and educational growth.
Benefits of Living-Learning Communities
- Capacity to connect with other students around shared interests and common goals
- Chance to discover more about yourself as an individual
- Opportunities to broaden your horizons and expand your view of others
- Unique experiences that are marketable on resumes or job applications
- Increased networking with faculty and staff, as well as community leaders
- Greater satisfaction with campus living
- Special recognition for LLC accomplishments
- Access to exclusive LLC gear, trips, and events
Applying to LLCs
- Each LLC has a separate application process with a limited number of participants.
- Emerging Leaders LLC is for first-year students only.
- Canes for Change LLC is composed of preferably second-year students.
- Students must sign up for housing through our housing selection process before applying; if accepted into the LLC, the college will remove students from their original assignment and place them into their new room.