Housing & Residence Life offers two unique Living Learning Communities (LLCs) within specific residence halls where students who share interests, and academic and personal goals, live together. Louisburg College faculty and staff Educational Partners, or EPs, help plan and facilitate special events and workshops that support students in their personal and educational growth.
Benefits of Living-Learning Communities
- Capacity to connect with other students around shared interests and common goals
- Chance to discover more about yourself as an individual
- Opportunities to broaden your horizons and expand your view of others
- Unique experiences that are marketable on resumes or job applications
- Greater networking with faculty and staff, as well as community leaders
- Increased satisfaction with campus living
- Special recognition for LLC accomplishments
- Access to exclusive LLC gear, trips, and events
Applying to LLCs
Each LLC has a separate application process and a limited number of participants
- Emerging Leaders LLC is for first-year students only
Canes for Change LLC is preferrably second-year students
Students must sign up for housing through our housing selection process prior to applying; if accepted into the LLC, students will be removed from their original assignment and placed into their new assignment.