Are you or someone you know having difficulty with personal or academic concerns? We are here to help. Related by faith to The United Methodist Church, Louisburg College values all members of our community.
Help for Students Having Personal or Academic Concerns
- Academic Concerns (e.g. uncharacteristic or sudden changes in grades, attendance, or class participation)
- Behavioral and/or Mental Health Concerns (e.g. uncharacteristic, disturbing, or disruptive behavior; discussion of self harm or violence)
- Personal Concerns (e.g. homesickness, adjusting to college, personal identity)
Family/Relationship Concerns (e.g. roommate conflicts, friends, dating relationships, any relationship concerns that may be affecting the student's ability to be successful at LC)
Financial Concern (e.g. college accounts, unexpected financial emergency, personal/family financial concerns)
You must have a Louisburg College email address to submit this form. If you have a concern about a student but do not have an LC email, or have general questions about the Help-A-Cane program, please contact Toni Cochis, Assistant Dean of Students, 108 Davis Hall. Once a referral is submitted, a member of the Student Life team will reach out to the student within two business days to discuss the concern and see how to best support the student.
Additional Helping Resources
- Call Campus Safety @ (919) 497-3400 or 911
- Campus Safety and Police information
For concerns needing an immediate response (e.g. a student is discussing suicide or violence towards others), contact the Joel Porter Counseling Center, the Office of Student Life, or Campus Safety Immediately. Please note that information submitted will be kept private but is not confidential (meaning certain information may have to be shared with appropriate staff). If you wish to speak with someone confidentially, the College's Counselor, Chaplain, and Health Clinic Staff are available.
- Contact the Dean of Students & Title IX Coordinator @ (919) 497-3247
- Sexual Harassment, Discrimination, and Misconduct Policy
- Safe Space (located in Louisburg) @ (919) 497-5444
- NC Coalition Against Sexual Assault @ (919) 871-1015
- National Rape Hotline @ (800) 656-4673
- National Domestic Violence Hotline @ (800) 799-7233