Diversity Peer Educators
Diversity Peer Educators (DPEs) are student leaders supervised by the Office of Student Life. DPEs receive diversity training and meet regularly with their supervisor to plan educational programs for the entire student body. DPEs frequently plan and engage in various activities including, but not limited to Hispanic Heritage Month, Holiday-Palooza, Black History Month, International Students Week, & Women’s History Month.
DPEs also frequently research and discuss social justice topics and current affairs in order to plan quality programs, as well as educate their peers on campus. DPEs learn more about their individual identities, as well as how to appreciate differences. DPEs also gain valuable skills such as interpersonal communication, critical thinking, advocacy, public speaking, and event planning.
If you believe that you possess the professionalism, maturity, and leadership we are seeking, you are strongly encouraged to apply! For a 2022-2023 Diversity Peer Educator position application, or for additional information, email the Office of Student Engagement.
- It is preferred that DPEs be work study eligible (in order to receive compensation), but not required. DPEs are typically recruited early in the fall semester
- Commuting and Residence Hall students are eligible to apply
- All communication regarding the DPE recruitment & selection process are made via Louisburg College email
- The recruitment process includes an application with references, individual interviews, and successful completion of The DPE training program
- Students must be in good academic and conduct standing
Residence Hall Association (RHA)
RHA is an active student organization that enhances the residence hall student experience through educational and social programs that encourage student engagement and learning. RHA also promotes resident student leadership development with its executive officers and members throughout the academic year. Fore more information on getting involved with RHA, contact the Office of Housing & Residence Life.