Routine Maintenance Requests
Our residents' safety and security in college housing are vital to us. The Housing & Residence Life Department and the Campus Safety Department in partnership provide a safe and healthy living and learning environment.
Every student and community member has a role to play in keeping our community safe. The college uses individual student email accounts, LC Alerts, and the Louisburg College website to provide emergency communication to students, staff, and faculty.
Security Tips for the Residence Halls
Here are some steps students can take to maximize safety:
- Always lock your door! A locked door is critical and assures that unauthorized individuals do not enter your room.
- Check to see who is at your door before opening it. Do not open the door without looking first.
- Never prop open residence hall doors, which campus safety policy prohibits.
- Do not let unfamiliar people follow you into a residence hall - known as tailgating. No one should follow you in the residence hall without using their Hurricane ID card or cellular telephone app.
- Campus security policy requires students to escort all guests.
- Know where to go for help, such as a community hall director, resident assistant, or campus safety.
- Do not post your personal information on online social networking sites, such as Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram. Do not share your address or cell phone number, and carefully select other personal information when sharing. Be selective about what you share on social media.
Residence Hall Security Measures
- The college keeps all doors leading to residence hall rooms locked 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Access to these areas requires a Hurricane ID Card, key, or cell phone access issued to residents when they check-in at the beginning of the year.
- The college keeps all front doors of the residence halls locked 24 hours a day, seven days a week. These are the only doors that the college permits residents to use throughout the year. Throughout the residence halls, the other exterior fire doors are alarmed and monitored by security cameras 24/7 every day of the year. It is illegal to use any exterior fire door except for legitimate emergencies.
- All of the residence halls’ lobbies and doorways used to gain entrance into the residential areas have security cameras to capture people’s images coming and going from our campus buildings.
Routine Maintenance Requests
To submit a routine maintenance request, visit the student portal here.
Once you have submitted a request, you will receive an automated response confirming receipt of your request. When work is complete, you will also receive an email confirming it.
The Facilities Office is open weekdays 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., except for college holidays. Typically maintenance completes requests within two business days. When our staff has visited your room for repair work, they usually leave a notice. If you do not see a response to the request work within two business days, please call the facilities office at (919) 497-3276.
Requesting service authorizes college officials or contractors to enter your unit. Facilities staff lock all doors after completing repairs: be sure to carry your Hurricane ID card so you can gain entrance to your residence hall room.
After Hours Emergency Maintenance Requests
If you have an immediate concern that you think requires a response after business hours, such as a water leak, contact the Campus Safety Office in Davis Hall - (919) 497-3400. Staff members are on call 24/7 for immediate concerns. College officials or contractors will enter your residence hall room to respond to emergencies.
Pest control regularly services the residential areas to control pests. Residents can assist in this effort by keeping their rooms clean and putting food away in sealed containers. If you find that you have a problem with pests, submit a maintenance request through the student portal here.
For washer and dryer issues in any community laundry room, students should download the laundry app and self-report repair needs. In the app store, search "CSC Service Works Service App" and download it. This app allows students to scan the unit's barcode and submit a work order ticket.
Louisburg College students are also encouraged to utilize LaundryView. This program allows students to view real-time data on laundry unit availability and receive text messages when their laundry is ready.
For technical support with internet service in your room, email the Information Technology Department. The IT staff will assign you a case number and will troubleshoot the problem with you.